You will find all the information you need regarding assessments test preparation and practice on Fibonicci under the category “Assessment”. Here you will be shown some practical take away tips that you can use in preparing for an assessment.
- Make sure to get enough rest in the days before your assessment.
- Make sure that you look smart before leaving home. A good first impression is half the battle.
- Be prepared. Make sure that you know about the organisation where you are applying for and what kind of person they are looking for.
- Make sure that you know which interviews the assessment consists of. Prepare for the interviews you will face on assessment days with JobTestPrep’s competency interview training.
- Practice aptitude tests and personality tests.
- Get hold of detailed personality practice tests and guides here.
- Prepare for the interviews and do role playing games.
- You need to know your ambitions, interests and potential plans for the future, as well as your strengths and even more important your weaknesses.
- Make sure that you show your interest, ask questions and actively take part in the exercises.
- It is essential that you listen carefully. Make sure that you understand what is expected of you.
- If you don’t understand something, ask questions.
- Make sure that you have an open and easily accessible attitude. Be open to other viewpoints and don’t desperately cling on to your own standpoints.
- Don’t underestimate the assessment. Take every assignment seriously, and think carefully before responding.
An actor will tend to exaggerate their response by being angry, sad or indifferent. Make sure that you remain calm and exert confidence. Place the problem in their shoes by asking questions like: “How would you respond to this situation if you were me?”
The best, but also the most expensive, tip we can give you is to find out the name of the assessment agency that will be used. That way you could contact this agency to have a trial assessment. In many agencies, this is actually an almost exact copy of the real deal. Mind you, the costs for this could quite easily be in excess of 1000 Euros/dollar. A cheaper alternative is therefore simply to ask the agency how they structure their assessments. This way you can prepare yourself for the expected elements by means of the internet and books.